So lets weigh the good and bad about this...
- The only bad I can think of is that should this drug end up being an effective preventative measure for recurring cancer, I will have missed out on taking it as a prevention drug (but it will still be available to treat recurring cancer, so... :o)
- No rashy side effects on my face, neck and back!
- I will go in for treatment every other week instead of every week - already bringing my count of treatments down from 25 to 12!
- Being part of the control group means that I will be given the same chemo regimen that I would have received had I not signed up at all - but, since I am part of the study, one of the three drugs will be funded by the study! That is a huge financial consideration cause I'm told these drugs are pretty expensive.
- I'm still part of the study and will contribute to the findings that may affect a lot of people dealing with colon cancer in the future.
Noticing the "good stuff" -
[x] Clinical Trials... a must if we're ever gonna cure cancer