Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One happy customer...

What a beautiful day it was today huh? My mom and I went downtown to hang out and visit the local beauty school - The Aveda Institute - for some summer pampering at the discount level. She was supposed to get her hair cut, and I was going to get a pedicure. A power outage at the salon changed that plan. See what I mean, just 'cause you add it to the calendar, doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

We ended up walking up and down the 16th Street Mall, getting a little sun, and checking out a few shops along the way. Somewhere between about 8pm last night and the time I found out our appointments were cancelled, I decided I wanted a haircut. Yes people - I realize I just got my haircut 13 days ago... but it had to be done. I don't think I mentioned this to you, maybe I have - but I've been losing hair. Not tons, but a lot more than normal. Dr Azar did tell me it would thin out, but this thinning out is driving me crazy. It seems mostly to happen when I wash it - which is everyday. I comb through conditioner and run my hand through - and there it is. A clump of hair. That didn't used to happen before. I'm not traumatized by it, it's just getting on my nerves.


Anyway, I found out that there was a second salon "school" just down the street and I made an appointment. Find out that this is kinda the "grad school" and my haircut will be in the hands of someone with experience. Yay! Good thing, 'cause of course the cut I want is pretty specific and a bit more technical than just a quick trim. Ryan was my stylist and seemed like a pretty cool guy. He asked what I wanted, I looked around and pointed to a poster on the wall. Bam! He did the doo and I walked out one happy customer. But not before taking a picture of course! Also, Ryan if you check this out - here is a photo of me with my face painted up for a Mammoth Game! And that's my brother that I told you about. I did his hair :o)

So, back to my day - I get home and Mario and Karen came over for dinner. My Godson was so happy to see me! (Okay, he didn't want to take a picture, but he was happy to see me).

PS - I forgot to mention, Aveda is going to give us our services that were cancelled today - FREE. I love FREE.

No comments: