Sunday, May 4, 2008

My whole weekend didn't suck...

I feel like poo.

That's why I haven't been blogging like crazy, like I had been. It wasn't to give you all a break if that's what you were thinking :o)

Anyway, my whole weekend didn't suck...
Friday, I woke up at 4:30pm, just in time to get ready to go meet some friends for dinner. Remember way back at the beginning of this roller coaster ride - when I checked myself into the ER? Well, that night I was supposed to have dinner with some friends at the Hibachi Grill to celebrate my birthday. Getting admitted to the hospital put a kink in those plans. Anyway, nothing like making up for lost time. They took me out to a belated birthday dinner at the Hibachi Grill on Friday night and it was pretty fun.

Saturday, my mom and I attended a "Full Tea" at the Molly Brown House. Some very sweet ladies from our church (I still don't know who - but thank you very much), bought us tickets for this event to celebrate women in our lives. It was a new experience to many of us, but a cool way to spend a beautiful afternoon. That evening, we went to a Mammoth (vs Calgary) playoff game. Unfortunately, the Mammoth lost and the season is now over :o( But I have to say, I didn't know if I would make it through the game. I almost went out to the van to lie down. I was wiped out.

Today is Sunday. I've been in bed most of the day. Didn't sleep well at all - had bad tummy aches. Mom seems worried that I'm not hungry, but I did manage to eat a bowl of fried rice. I'm not sure why, but the only thing that sounds good to me is watermelon (which I also had a plate of). Tomorrow I think I will take a field trip to Whole Foods to find some crisp, juicy, sweet but a little tart apples. Hahaha! I can be one picky sick chick huh? Awe well, at least they let you sample at Whole Foods. Maybe a grapefruit too, if they look sweet...

I'm mad at myself for being such a whiner. Although, I'm not really whining, just staying in bed so it feels like I'm whining through my actions.

Tomorrow, I will get up.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

You are by no means whining. If you want to hear some whining come listen to my kids in the morning when they tell me how much they don't like oatmeal. Sweety, your body is sick. It needs rest whether you want to admit it or not. It's okay to take care of yourself.