Thursday, May 8, 2008

Man, it feels good to feel good

Yesterday I finally felt better! I got up... and, I got my appetite back. Yay!

I went to lunch with some friends (Happy Birthday Sue!) and then I stopped at my doctor's office. I even went and visited the nurse I mentioned back in Are you a Tigger or an Eeyore? She is so nice. And then I went to Darren's school to talk about my photography. It felt good to get out of the house, and I felt accomplished just getting a few errands done.

I had been being such a baby, laying in bed feeling like poo - and thinking to myself is this what I'm gonna feel like for six months. I don't think I can take this. wah wah wah. And then I went and read a couple of blogs... One was my little cousin Taylor's (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/taylormorgan). She is only 12 years old and has been battling cancer since June. Her cancer is both rare and aggressive and she has been receiving chemo and radiation treatments since then. In and out of the hospital and back and forth from Pueblo to Denver for 9 months. Her story is heartbreaking, yet she remains full of an amazing courage. It put me back in my place real quick. Things are not that bad for me. They could be much much worse. By the way, if you reading this are praying friends - would you add Taylor to your list?

On another note - did you know the first week of May is "Teacher Appreciation Week"? Know what I've done for Darren's teachers? Nothin' - yet. Hopefully I will get some cookies baked or something though for tomorrow. But what's funny is, here it is "Teacher Appreciation Week", and the staff at West Denver Prep did something for me! They sent me the best card and care package ever. A whole week's worth of frozen dinners from a Supper Solutions type place! Make me cry why don't ya. You guys are the best - and my mom appreciates it sooooo much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind of photography do you do? And what did you talk about at the school? I'm always interested in photography and would love to hear what you have to say about it and see some of your stuff.