Sunday, April 20, 2008

Just made me realize how much I missed them...

Tonight I went to my friend Erica's wedding. She married another friend of mine, Ryan.

Ryan was one of the first people I remember meeting at Sun. I remember, because when my brother introduced me to him he just started talking to me - and fast. All I could do was watch him and wonder, how do you do that? But I don't remember if I understood anything of what he was saying. If you ever met Ryan, then you know exactly what I mean... but if not, his normal conversation speed is as fast as an announcer reading off legal terms in a commercial.

I think I might have been one of the first people that Erica met when she started working at Sun. I don't think I made a good first impression on her, because at one time she said that she thought I was mean when she first met me and maybe she wasn't so excited that she had to sit two cubes away from me. But we became friends fast and I remember that I got extra visits from Ryan who just happened have to pass her cube to come over and talk to me.

I didn't realize how much I missed those days.... When Jason talked me into joining his softball team - just cause he needed more names on the roster he promised. So I talked Erica into it - but she ended up really playing. Then there were BBQ's, happy hours, movies, parties - just hanging out a lot. I had a chance to meet Erica's mom and dad and her best friends (A-,R-,D-) who were always really fun to hang out with too and Ryan's daughter Savannah, who is about Darren's age.

I moved to a different department in Sun and don't spend as much time with them like I used to. But I got to see most of them tonight, and it was fun catching up. Just made me realize how much I missed them.

No comments: