Friday, June 13, 2008

Relay for Life

I've decided to take part in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. It's an event that brings together the whole community and helps raise funds for the fight against this disease. I know you care about cancer, too, and I'd love for you to join me as part of my Relay team.

At the event, we'll camp out overnight, walk around the track, and meet lots of new people. There is an incredible tribute to cancer survivors and caregivers that starts off the night and a moving ceremony honoring those who have fought the disease. I have heard that the Relay is unlike anything else you'll ever do. It's a night full of fun, hope, and remembrance.

You can get more information about Relay For Life and the American Cancer Society by clicking the links below.

My Team Page
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/tommys-team
My Personal Page
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/tomasita

Click on the names below to visit members of the team so far -

Darren Karen
Mondo Mario
Tina Mateo

Sophia


I would like to walk in honor of two people who have helped me beyond their knowledge in my daily dealings with cancer. These kids and their families who have openly shared their stories... their lives. By reading their blogs I find inspiration to not just fight cancer or deal with chemo - but to LIVE. To enjoy life to the fullest and to gain strength from the friends and family who surround me and love me. And to keep a positive attitude no matter what challenges occur.

My cousin, Taylor Rivera, diagnosed just under a year ago at the age of 12 with cancer of the peritoneum. Please visit her and see her story at
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/taylormorgan

And Coleman Larson. I don't even know this kid - never met him. But I found his story and I read up on it as often as his mom posts for him. Coleman's (cancer) story began on Sept. 21, 2006 when he and his twin brother Caden were only 2 and 1/2 years old! What an amazing kid. What an amazing family! Please visit Team Larson at
http://www.carepages.com/
CP Name: ColemanScott






No comments: