Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chemotherapy - Session IV

Okay, not sure if you noticed - but I'm slacking. Partially because I wanted to keep my pleas for CELL PHONES and attention to the American Cancer Society RELAY FOR LIFE at the top of the queue. (Please review the links noted to see if you can offer your support for either of these worthy causes). And partially 'cause I didn't really feel inspired to write while I was sick.

But since I had a chemo appointment today, I thought I would share for those of you who were wondering how that went... and for my records too.

I have to admit, I was a little bit nervous that my cold might have put a damper in the plans for today. Maybe effect my bloodcounts in a negative way that wouldn't allow me to receive treatment. I went ahead and took my shot of neupogen (the WBC Booster) on Monday - and it turns out that that seemed to do the trick! Neutrophils were where they needed to be and I have received my 4th chemo treatment! YAY! I am now 1/3 of the way through!!!!

To think that the last one marked 1/4 of the way and then just one more changes it to 1/3 of the way. Mondo said the math is just going to get weird on the next one - so I probably won't note the fractional measure, but then again - maybe I will.

As for the appointment, it went well. Results from blood draw came back within the hour. My appointment wasn't until 10:45am, so it was a late day. But I had good company again. Kristina H (visiting from NM) made it there despite my bad directions and she brought me lunch! Imperial Dragon - yummmmm. And then Jessica (from my Band of Sisters) stopped by too. It was nice to chat and catch up.

Kristina brought me home and we were going to watch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy, but turns out it was deleted from our DVR. So I will need to see if I can find a recording somewhere or wait for the DVD release. I was pretty tired though, so I'm not sure how far I would have got through it :o) Since the movie plan was nixed, I went ahead and crashed on the couch - right in front of the AC ahhh... and I didn't wake up until about 9pm. Nice nap.

So that's the story. I'm doing all right and my cold is pretty much gone... a lingering sniffle here and there, but nothing unmanageable.

No comments: