Monday, June 2, 2008

Everyone has one, don't they?

The question is - What are you going to do with your old cell phone?

If you're looking for a charitable way to recycle it - I would be happy to take it off your hands! I would like to collect as many cell phones as I can to donate to the
Diana Price-Fish Cancer Foundation. I thought that this was a great way to support this awesome foundation and even better, it won't cost you a dime! In talking to a few people - it seems that almost everyone has an old cell phone lying around the house that they will never ever use again.

Okay, I admit, finding out that my young cousin, and then that I, have cancer has given me a personal interest in supporting groups like this one. But check this out - this donation is a double-whammy as it also can lead to support for battered women's shelters (another cause close to my heart) and other worthy organizations!

Please let me know if you have a phone or phones to contribute and I will make arrangements with you to collect them. I would like to have a ton of phones to turn in by the end of June - so you have plenty of time to ask your friends and family if they have any they would like to get rid of as well. BTW - it's not necessary that all the extras be donated, so as long as you have the phone - we'll take it!

Thanks so much!!!!
Tommy

----------------------------------------

Diana Price-Fish Cancer Foundation has partnered with Charitable Recycling to help the environment AND adults who have cancer. For every used cell phone received, DPFCF gets a donation. Charitable Recycling refurbishes the phones and distributes them to organizations and people in need, such as battered women's shelters and veterans assistance programs.

No comments: